Having lost a lot of weeks with travelling I have suddenly realised, with some sense of panic, that Colours is only just over a month away and I need to complete this galley and a unit of Roman marines to go with it. I have decided to use the Warlord Games plastic Caesarians for these as I have already started them. I have ordered some metal oval auxiliary shields for them from Warlord.
Today I have glued on some of the main parts and found that superglue really sticks resin well (as I find that it hardly sticks anything else I use it for). In fact, so well that you only have a few seconds to position everything correctly! I have not stuck on the starboard fence rail yet as I have run out of glue. The two oar galleries and one fence took a whole tube!
There are quite a lot of gaps to fill and I had to do some sanding and filing to get parts to fit. I intend to have it ready for undercoating this weekend.